Sunday, December 11, 2005

Adoption Day





Well, it is 5:45am in Wei Fen time, 3:45pm in Texas. Jamie is feeding Wei Fen a bottle. I had been playing with her. We had her sleep in between us in the bed last night. When Wei Fen woke up she reached over for Jamie, and was pawing at her arm, and woke her up. Jamie and Wei Fen had a really sweet and intimate time of connecting. Jamie said, "Wei Fen, say 'Mama' and she said it!". That woke me up and it was a touching moment. Wei Fen is ok with me now after she fell asleep on my chest last night and was happy to see me as well. She was really cooing and pawing at us and playing with our fingers. The nannys had told Jamie that Wei Fen likes to say "Baba" and she kept saying that in different ways to us.

We're having a tough time with our bottles but we'll work it out. Pray for all of us as each of us are sick- Jamie is really sick.

Here are some pics of Jamie feeding Wei Fen a bottle and then playing with her and making her smile.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!!! She is so adorable! I know she is in shock. But, you guys will be so comforting to her. She is surrounded by love. She will soon soak up that love and feel comforted. We pray for your continued stay. We are ready to see her. We love you,
Lenna, Scott, Ashley, Hunter and Fielder

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you today. Hope you are both feeling better. I'm sure Baby Noelle has adapted by now. Try not to worry. I look forward to hearing more about your trip and Baby. I love you all. Aunt Marilynn

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful! We'll all be so glad when you get home! I had Maddie in Sunday School yesterday and all she could talk about was her new baby sister. She is so excited. We're praying for you to all get well and for your long trip home. God bless you all!
Jim and Patti Simpson