Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Scary Jelly Beans!

Maddie and I went to Market Street (grocery store) tonight, she asked for some Jelly Beans. Me not wanting her to have a lot of them spotted a small box of which I thought was a small assortment of Jelly Beans as it had the Jelly Belly logo on the box.

As soon as we got in the car she asked for them, so I found them and handed them to her. All of a sudden she started freaking out saying, "Mommy, they are hot, my mouth is burning." I said, "Maddie, hand them to me and let me find you one that is not hot". So I turned the box around to look at the flavor guide only to be shocked that we had picked up Harry Potter Jelly Beans with the following flavors:
Bacon
Black Pepper
Boogers
Earthworm
Earwax
Rotten Egg
Sardines
Soap
Vomit
I was shocked...that is SO disgusting. Maddie had eaten the Black Pepper one...GAG! The guy at the check-out said "those Jelly Beans really taste like their description" and I was like "Yeah" as I thought to myself, they are Jelly Belly jelly beans everyone knows they taste like their description. I now know he was trying to warn me, but instead I looked at him like he was crazy.

Maddie's comment to the whole thing was "that is a BAD Market Street, Mommy".

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

That is so nasty, who did the taste test to find out if the Booger flavored one was authentic? Gross, gross, gross. Poor Maddie, she'll never want jelly beans again!

Travis Crow said...

Yeah, I was sitting in the theater with my kids watching Harry Potter when they first came out with those. Imagine sitting in a dark theater eating those (not knowing what you were eating) thinking that the next one has GOT to be better. Of course, it wasn't.