Thursday, August 11, 2005

Maddie's Sweet Revenge

Maddie’s Birthday is just around the corner on the 28th. We are going to have a party for her at a place called “Pump It Up.” It’s an indoor inflatable heaven. We took her invitations to school yesterday to put them in the kid’s folders. Maddie was SO excited to be taking her invitations to school, so I let her help me put the invitations in the kid’s folders. So she stood on a big chair and I would call out a name and we would look for the folder. We got to one little boy’s invitation and she said, “Give that to me.” I said, “What”? She said, “He hit me yesterday, he is not invited.” I laughed and told her all the kids were invited, in fact this little boy had invited her to his birthday party. So we continued on. We got to another little girl’s invitation and she said “Take that out of that stack.” I said, “Why?” She said, “she does NOT speak nicely to me, she is not invited.”
It was a hysterical scene, Maddie was finally getting her revenge on the kids she felt had not treated her right in the past. We had a quick lesson in forgiveness and “do unto others” and I’m happy to say all the kids have officially been invited.

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Wow, I guess that means she's about to be four! Planning birthdays at that age is so fun. At fifteen, Shalie just calls her friends and invites them over to spend the night, and we order pizza and rent movies. Last weekend, in fact.