Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Maddie's Famous


We had our family photos taken a few months back by Steve Dobrenski. Steve is a co-worker of mine who does children/family photography on the side. He mentioned a few weeks ago that he entered Maddie's picture into a photo contest. Well his picture won and Maddie made the cover of the Frisco Style Magazine. It's distributed to 55,000 Frisco residents.

The art director of the magazine wrote a great article on the photo contest. I'll give you a few excerpts.

"At our deadline, I had 65 possible winners, and of those 65, I picked 20 awesome shots to make mock covers. Then in true democratic form we took a vote. I, of course reserved the right to overrule the result of any vote. I am the Design Diva after all! And, to me, there was already a clear winner."

"This is why Steve Dobrenski's photo of his friends daugher was the obvious choice. (For the record, I didn't have to use my veto.) The beautiful colors, crisp edges and contemplative composition drew us in. We wanted to know, what is she thinking about? Was she just punished? Was she watching someone or something? Was she ready to go home and take a nap? When I put her on the cover, it was like magic, she was the one."

We are SO proud of our girl! Congrats goes out to Steve, the photo is just beautiful! If you are interested in using Steve for your next photo, he can be found at (http://www.regentphoto.com/).

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

That is So COOL! I love it.

Anonymous said...

Just found this site for the first time I love the pic. on the cover, can't wait to get our copy.Neat idea sorry we've been so busy we haven't seen the site before. Looking forward to seeing the rest of it.