Thursday, February 03, 2005

BUSTED!

Uh-Oh...I have officially been busted out for throwing Maddie's art work away. I have implemented a rule of thumb with her work from school and church....if it does not have a hand print or a foot print on it or if it didn't win a prize or have something cute written on it about her...it must go in the thrash. Otherwise, our entire house would become a repository for all Maddie's school and church papers.

So on Tuesday, I threw away the groundhog cut out that had a cute poem about shadows attached to it. A little while later a small voice from the pantry (where the trash is located) says, "Who did it, they didn't like...who did it?". BUSTED! I felt awful, I denied it and said it must have been an accident.

Looks like I will have to alter my rule of thumb or use a different trash can until she understand the philosophy behind throwing away miscellaneous art work.

No comments: