Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Maddie Howard and Jamie

Oh to be a fly on the wall inside of a three year old's brain. Today Maddie woke up and at some point between getting out of her bed and coming and getting in my bed she decided she would refer to herself as Maddie Howard and she would refer to me as Jamie. Her first question of the day was "What are Maddie Howard and Jamie going to do today?". I thought to myself how did I get such a cute little girl, but after an hour of her mentally keeping up with the references I was getting a little annoyed, but was very impressed that she could keep this up for so long.

Here's a small sampling of our conversation this morning:
Jamie, Maddie Howard wants to watch Cinderella. Jamie come look at Prince Charming he's taking Cinderella away with the mouses. Why did Daddy leave Maddie Howard and go to work? Jamie I don't like that red jacket. Maddie Howard wants to go to the donut shop.
Maddie Howard likes white donuts not pink ones. Jamie, what color of donuts do you like? Jamie, don't forget to buckle my seatbelt or you will get a ticket from the police. Maddie Howard speaks nicely to her parents so the blue lady does not have to come to our house. (This one comes from her watching Super Nanny last night)

So in the car on the way to school, I said "Maddie, I would really like to be called Mommy instead of Jamie...is that OK?" Her response, "Mommy I was just pretending and having fun."

What's an annoyed Mommy suppose to say to that?

No comments: